Saturday, August 28, 2010

Second Show Tomorrow.

And I'm not sure how we'll do. I can't remember if I mentioned this last time or not, but it seems like all the hard work me and Tommy have been doing since December (when he first moved to the barn and I started training with him) has just gone completely down hill. But only since I've gotten back from holidays. We were gone for 5 weeks and he did no jumping at all, instead some stupid bitch started leasing him too and has been using him for dressage.
That's not a bad thing, and I don't have a problem with dressage, but I do have a problem with the girl riding him. I really don't like her. Mostly 'cause she's riding my horse. Plus I've always done my free ride on Sundays for the past 5 years. Guess who has decided when to do her ride? Yay. I'm kind of annoyed  that my coach even agreed to that since its when I ride. However, I'm pleased to have messed up her schedule this week with my show being on Sunday.
So hopefully the show goes well. We are going in the 18"-2' division, which are really just warm up jumps for me and Tommy, and also in the 2'-2'6" division, which is where we normally are.

I want my own horse. What rider doesn't? But I can't get one right now. My stable is lovely and has some of the most affordable outdoor board rates, but then you have to add in the vet, dentist, farrier, transport, tack, show fees, etc etc. Not to mention the cost of the horse.
My trainer is forever talking about how people buy a cheap horse and just want to pay for extra training and how that doesn't usually work. The training cost end up being way more than they think, so they ought to have bought a more expensive and well trained horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment