Sunday, April 17, 2011

Awesome =)

Two lessons with Pony this week!

Tuesday: We did pretty good, the coarse wasn't to big, just complicated. The idea was to be able to navigate a complicated coarse and not go over the wrong jumps. We were successful every time, with two exceptions. At the same jump.
There was a diagonal at M a skinny between X and B and then another diagonal at F. The first time I thought we were going to fast over the skinny and panicked so we missed the F jump. After K thought we would have been okay to do it. The second time we really were going to fast so, again, missed the F jump.
But when we finally go over it she was great.

Thursday: She had Wednesday off and it snowed today so Pony spent the whole day in here pasture shelter. Thank god she's an indoor horse! She had A LOT of energy so took her into the arena to let her run around and chill out a bit. You don't even have to do anything, soon as you get her in the arena and take off the lead rope and off she goes.
She trots her self around, then pretends to spook at things and canters. After a while she'll come back to a trot and either scare herself some more or she'll comver over and say hi. She's so cute!
However, she also bucks and she canters. So I was a bit worried watching her do that. And they aren't little bucks either but HUGE ones...well, huge for a 13.3hh pony. Then she'll leap up in the air and buck in the air.

She was great for jumping though! Which were just under 3ft I think. There was a couple times over the bigger ones I thought I might die, but she was perfect! So pleased! She even collected herself a bit when I asked instead of doing what she did on our first jumping lesson and just freaking out. Had to do lots of deep yoga breaths over the longer canters between jumps to try and relax a bit, but I couldn't be happier with how she did.

Saturday: K took her to a dressage show today, I don't know how well behaved she was but they got two 2nd places with scores of 66 and 69 or something like that.  Hopefully she was well behaved though. That was the great thing about Tommy, he was so sweet and quite at shows. And after the horses I had before him, that was the greatest thing ever.  Diesel really wasn't to bad, he just went a bit crazy a couple times. Over all he was good though.

Also today was Registration 101!! I have no idea why I was so panicked and freaked out about it, but whatever. There was about twenty other kids in my time slot and all we did was sit in one of the Engineering computer labs, watched a presentation by some of the Arts faculty and then started enrolling in classes. Three out of the four people helping out were really nice but the last one was a bitch.
Oh well. I have all my classes and that's whats important.
Fall Term:
Animal Science 101-Introduction to Equine Science (doesn't count for my degree, but still very excited for it!)
English 123- Literature in Global Perspective
French 111- Beginners French I
Psychology 104- Basic Psychological Processes
Statistics 141- Introduction to Statistics (gross I hate math)

Winter Term:
Biology 108- Introduction to Bio Diversity
English 121- Literature in Historical Perspective
Math 113- Elementary Calculus I (at least after this I won't have to take math ever again!)
Psychology 105- Individual and Social Behaviour
Religion 101B- Introduction to Religions of the World

Also got to donate blood today for the first time too so that was fun. Not lying it was! Except I was talking to my best friend and she was likes "why would you do that?" but all snotty and bitchy and I said "because it's selfish not too" (it is!) and now shes all pissed. But I don't care, if I ever need a blood transfusion, I'm going to be damn grateful that someone took time out of their life to donate, so she can fuck right off. =)

Hooray for helping save lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment