Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Solstice

Is December 21st, it`s also called Yule and about a million other names. It`s a Wiccan holiday to celebrate the rebirth of the Horned God. Anyway, my school actually had something to celebrate it! Well `celebrate` they set up a bunch of candles in the guidance department `lobby`, and had a table with food and juice and stuff, and if you wanted to, you just stopped by and got something and could chill.

At the beginning of the week they said it was a school tradition, which trust me it isn`t, I`ve been there over 2 years, I would know. So I`m curious about who decided to have the celebration and if they`re a Wiccan or Neo-Pagan.
 My best guess is it`s one of the new teachers, or possibly the guidance councillor secretary. I went to see her so I could book an appointment during 3rd. They weren`t booking cause of the celebration, but she was all excited and just said to come by cause my counsellor would be there then.

Haha, I wonder if it`s a bad thing if the counselling secretary knows your name? Like, she knows exactly who I am, I didn't think I went that often! And it's not like it's a small school either! Compared to the sit it might be, but for the county area, 2000 it a lot of students and a lot of people to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment